Kaplan Professional is one of the largest providers of professional education and training in Australia, providing services to over 45,000 advisers, responsible managers, lenders, and customer service staff annually. Kaplan’s business is built on the quality of their programs, the flexibility of their delivery options, and the rigour of their approach to assessment and industry education standards.
Kaplan courses aim to provide practical, relevant and client-focused outcomes. They offer a comprehensive education pathway from the entry level Diploma of Financial Planning qualification through to the Master of Financial Planning supported by their CPD platform, Ontrack.
Kaplan’s Ontrack program is an online education tool for financial professionals. It can be used by dealer groups and financial advice businesses to plan, deliver, track and manage the continuing professional development and compliance training requirements of their advisers and staff. Kaplan Ontrack can also help you maintain a training register to support your ongoing record keeping requirements.
Regular training material and assessment
When you choose the Kaplan Ontrack service through Pathway, we will help you set up a flexible training program for each member of staff to help them meet their individual continuing education requirements and we’ll manage the training register on your behalf.
- The initial assessment – evaluates the adviser’s current competencies as defined by ASIC under RG146 in each of the different financial advice areas.
- The ongoing training plan – evaluates the areas of advice that the adviser is providing and puts in place a tailored training plan to maintain and further develop their knowledge in these areas.
The Kaplan Ontrack program automatically delivers monthly online training articles for each area of competency. Each user can view their training register online and access current articles each month based on their training plan. Every Ontrack training article includes a short formal assessment component, which is tracked and recorded as evidence that training has been completed to award CPD points.
Maintaining training registers
The training register is an easy way to ensure that your advisers and staff are meeting their mandatory CPD requirements.
When you choose the Kaplan Ontrack service through Pathway, we’ll set up and manage your training register for you and your team. We can also record and validate your certificates of completion, simply email them through to email@example.com
Kaplan TASA compliance courses
The Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (TASA) applies to financial advisers who provide tax (financial) advice services. When an adviser’s TASA registration expires they must meet the standard eligibility requirements as below:
- Equivalent of six years full-time experience in preceding eight years and a voting member of a recognised tax (financial) adviser association or recognised tax agent association.
- Alternatively, if they do not meet these standards they are required to complete a board approved course in Australian Taxation law and a board approved course in Commercial law.
- We can offer you the following courses brought to you by Kaplan:
- DFP5 Tax for Financial advising course – a Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) approved course in Australian Taxation law (also the first subject in the ADFP)
- DFP5 Tax for Financial advising Short Answer Exam (only available to those who have completed a previous version of Kaplan’s DFP5 dating back to February 2002)
- Commercial Law – a TPB approved course in Commercial law
- TASA 2009 and TPB Code of Professional Conduct which provides registered tax advisers with the knowledge of TASA including the Code of professional Conduct that they must abide by as part of their requirements for registration and to be able to meet their statutory obligations in relation to the provision of tax agent services. This course is recommended for those re-registering based on experience and membership of a recognised association.
The Kaplan-UNSW global diagnostic tool for financial advisers (KUDOS) is adiagnostic tool for the financial advice industry, particularly for new adviser recruitment, training and CPD gap analysis, industry benchmarking, and compliance purposes.
The KUDOS diagnostic tool is a 56 question, two-hour assessment which helps to identify strengths and weaknesses across seven knowledge areas and how advisers performed in relation to an industry benchmark:
- Social security
- Investments and markets
- Superannuation and retirement income investments
- Life insurance and risk management
- Legislation and compliance
- Financial strategies.
On completion of KUDOS both advisers and licensees receive a comprehensive report detailing their results including those questions answered incorrectly or not attempted; for these questions expanded feedback descriptions and links to recommended articles are given to provide learning in those specific knowledge areas.
Comprehensive suite of qualifications and courses
The following qualifications and accreditations are specifically tailored to financial advisers, para-planners and other support staff working in a variety of roles across financial advice:
- Tier 1 RG146 compliance solution
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
- TASA education requirements – TPB approved Tax for Financial Advising, Commercial Law and TASA 2009 and the TPB Code of Professional Conduct
- SMSF Course
- Accountants’ SMSF Package
- Master of Financial Planning, including a nested Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma
- Pathways to complete a Master of Financial Planning with a professional designation (FChFP or CFP®)
- Graduate Certificate in SMSF
- Accredited Listed Product Adviser (ASX ALPA) Program
- Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
- Diploma of Finance and Mortgage Broking Management
- Artemis – a technology solution enabling advisers to compliantly harness the full potential of digital marketing and social media
All courses are delivered via self-study through an online learning portal, KapLearn, which enables the provision of innovative, interactive learning resources and support. KapLearn can be accessed through a computer or mobile device with internet access. KapLearn is the access point for subject notes, supplementary learning material, practice activities, assessments, and ongoing technical support.
To find out more about Kaplan professional education and training programs or pricing please contact us.